Aside from the amazing smile you will be wearing your wardrobe can make or break a photo.
- Solid Colors: Jewel tones flatter all complexions
- Choose colors that complement your skin tone or that make your eyes pop.
- Avoid prints they can look outdated and can take the focus away from your face.
- Necklines: V neck is the most flatter neck line. It elongates the neck however please be modest with how deep the V goes or wear a tank top underneath. Explore different necklines (V neck, scoop neck, crew, etc…) Dresses are also welcome.
- Wear The Right Fit: Dress for your body type. Try on your clothing the night before
- Undergarments: For sheer tops be sure to wear the appropriate tank underneath flash will expose your bra.
- Iron or steam clothing to present a polished look. (wrinkles are hard to edit)
- Extra Layers: Jackets, Blazers, Sweaters, Cardigans
- Suit: Tailored to showcase you physique. You can opt for a blazer look as well.
- Tie vs. No Tie: Bring a variety of solid color ties or ones with minimal patterns.
- Shirts: Button downs, Casual V Neck Sweater
- Color: Choose colors that are complimentary to your skin tone or eyes. (Grey, Blue, Green etc… )
Whether your hair is curly, straight, short or long lets make sure it is tamed for your headshot session.
- Curly hair- Define your curls with styling products and be sure your hair is dry
- Straight hair: Blow dry and use a flat iron along with sleek styling products
- Short hair: Consider adding some light pomade to add some structure
- Long hair: Use a wide barrel curling iron with light hair spray to add soft curls (curl away from face)
- Useful Tools To Bring: Comb, Brush, Bobby Pins, Hair Clips, and Hair Spray
Makeup is a very important part of your professional headshot. Flashes tend to wash you out.
Upgrade Your headshot session with Makeup Artistry | $75.00 (one look)
Follow suggestions below to assure you are camera ready.
Most important bring your setting powder to reduce shine.
- Foundation: Full Coverage Matte Finish (Great Drug store product- Maybelline fit me)
- Concealer: Two Shades lighter than skin tone
- Lips: Natural tone- One shade darker than lip color (Try a lip pencil in the same shade to define lips)
- Eyes: Natural Eyeshadows: Brown, taupe, or even peach tones
- Eyeliner: Brown (softer look)
- Brows: Properly groomed and filled in with brow pencil or shadow
- Mascara: (black or brown)
- False Lashes: Natural (optional)
- Blush: Complimentary to your skin tone (Peach, Rose, Plum)
- Bring your SMILE!!!