Aside from the amazing smile you will be wearing your wardrobe can make or break a photo.
- Solid Colors: Jewel tones flatter all complexions
- Choose colors that complement your skin tone or that make your eyes pop.
- Avoid prints they can look outdated and can take the focus away from your face.
- Necklines: V neck is the most flatter neck line. It elongates the neck however please be modest with how deep the V goes or wear a tank top underneath. Explore different necklines (V neck, scoop neck, crew, etc…) Dresses are also welcome.
- Wear The Right Fit: Dress for your body type. Try on your clothing the night before
- Undergarments: For sheer tops be sure to wear the appropriate tank underneath flash will expose your bra.
- Iron or steam clothing to present a polished look. (wrinkles are hard to edit)
- Extra Layers: Jackets, Blazers, Sweaters, Cardigans
- Suit: Tailored to showcase you physique. You can opt for a blazer look as well.
- Tie vs. No Tie: Bring a variety of solid color ties or ones with minimal patterns.
- Shirts: Button downs, Casual V Neck Sweater
- Color: Choose colors that are complimentary to your skin tone or eyes. (Grey, Blue, Green etc… )
Whether your hair is curly, straight, short or long let’s make sure it is tamed for your headshot session.
- Curly hair- Define your curls with styling products and be sure your hair is dry
- Straight hair: Blow dry and use a flat iron along with sleek styling products (avoid products that make your hair oily and flat)
- Short hair: Consider adding some light pomade to add some structure
- Long hair: Use a wide barrel curling iron with light hairspray to add soft curls (curl away from face)
- Useful Tools To Bring: Comb, Brush, Bobby Pins, Hair Clips, and Hair Spray
Makeup is a very important part of your professional headshot. Flashes tend to wash you out and makeup will bring you back to life.
Makeup Application is included in the Online Presence Package as well as the Personal Branding Package please be sure to mention it when booking.
Follow suggestions below to assure you are camera ready.
Most important bring your setting powder to reduce shine.
- Foundation: Full Coverage Matte Finish (Great Drugstore product- Maybelline fit me- Avoid anything with a high SPF )
- Concealer: Two Shades lighter than skin tone
- Lips: Natural tone- One shade darker than lip color (Try a lip pencil in the same shade to define lips)
- Eyes: Natural Eyeshadows: Brown, taupe, or even peach tones
- Eyeliner: Brown (softer look)
- Brows: Properly groomed and filled in with brow pencil or shadow
- Mascara: (black or brown)
- False Lashes: Natural (optional)
- Blush: Complimentary to your skin tone (Peach, Rose, Plum)
- Bring your SMILE!!!